Friday, April 25, 2014

Meeting an icon

I'm looking back at the wonderful author encounters I had last year. Again I was at the Barbara Vey Reader Appreciation Luncheon, and I sat with Contemporary Romance author Leanne Banks. Leanne Banks has written dozens of romance books during her career. When I first started working at the library, I can across a book titled "Footloose", I read it, loved it and because I didn't have any other romance books, read it again. I tracked down the author's back list and became a fan of Leanne Banks.

     
Author Leanne Banks and Me at Reader Appreciation Luncheon


You wonder how authors will be in person, but Leanne's warmth and sense of humor was just like it comes across in her books. We had a fun time at our table with the other ladies that attended. She gave us some nice swag also.
I liked the Vera Bradley wallet so much, I tracked down the matching purse my local outlet store. If you want to find out more about Leanne Banks writing visit her website at LeanneBanks.com







No comments:

Post a Comment