Saturday, April 26, 2014

What a line up!

Megan Hart, Beth Kery, Lauren Dane, Lorelie Brown at RWA Chicago North Spring Fling 2014
I attended the RWA North Spring Fling in Hoffman Estates, Il this weekend. They had a special tea for librarians and bloggers. Author Beth Kery gave a special tribute to her childhood librarian and thanked librarians today for their efforts to connect readers with books. I'm standing at table looking around, when up walks Megan Hart. Of course I get amnesia, I can't remember any of her book titles, I don't have anything interesting to say, I just stand thinking OMG, that's Megan Hart...then Lauren Dane comes to the table, fortunately the other ladies at the table started talking and we all had a nice conversation about favorite books etc.
Lauren  Dane, Me, Lorelie Brown
We were also joined by Lorelie Brown who showed me an ARC of Riding the Wave, the first book in her Pacific Blue series due out in July. Lauren Dane gave us a sneak peek of the cover for her 2nd Hurley Boys book Broken Open, due out in November, which gives me time to read the first book. Later, Courtney Milan came by with bookmarks featuring her beautiful book covers, she is a interesting lady with a sharp sense of humor, if you get a chance to meet her, ask her about her author survival instructions for Goodreads.  Finally, B.A. Binns, YA author and speaker, chatted with me about African - American male characters, or perceived lack thereof in books today.

No comments:

Post a Comment